Basics #1 – Generating Traffic

Generating traffic is probably one of the most important business basics that you need to know. This will determine the level of income that you will receive. As a matter of fact, professional online business owners are spending 80% of their time in generating traffic, and the remaining 20% are spread out in other aspects of marketing. Some of the most popular ways to generate traffic are article marketing, search engine optimization, list building, forum marketing, and blog commenting. The results that these Internet business basics can produce may vary depending on the consistency and quality of method being used.

Basics #2 – Advertising

Advertising is also a form of traffic generation, but this covers a wider range of topics. There are a lot of forms of advertising that you can use to promote your brand or your company. Some of the most popular forms of advertising are Pay-Per-Click (PPC), banner, and link advertising. Although advertising can cost a lot of money, it will definitely help you generate huge waves of traffic. Unfortunately, these Internet business basics will be useless if you don’t know how to monetize your traffic.

Basics #3 – Monetizing

Now, this is where everything falls into place – the bottom-line. Regardless of how much time, you spend on traffic generation and the amount of traffic that you are receiving, it will be useless if you cannot monetize that traffic. There are a lot of ways to monetize traffic, and one of these is by selling ad spaces to other people. You can sell your products or the products of other people in order to generate more cash. You can offer a membership for your website, where people are paying a monthly fee will receive something of great value. The choices that you have for monetizing traffic are virtually limitless, and you can make money with almost anything that you can think of. These are the most important Internet business basics, because without it, you will not be able to achieve your goals.